SILGA Spring Mentoring Program Starts: TBD
Deadline to Sign up: TBD
STAY TUNED – More Information about our 2020 Mentoring Program Coming Soon
Below is the information from Fall of 2019
What Can This Program Do For You?
What SILGA members who’ve completed this program said they liked BEST:
- Playing with a more experienced “mentor” who offered personal tips and helpful suggestions on pace of play, golf etiquette & rules.
- Meeting other women of similar golf ability with whom to play golf.
- Gaining confidence and pointers while playing in a friendly, supportive setting.
When Will It Start?
This program will begin in October and continue for 4 weeks. If you are interested, you need to be available to play 2 hours of golf or maximum 9 holes weekly. In addition, there will be one kick off meeting and a final round of golf where all mentors/mentees will play together, followed by lunch.
Program dates are as follows:
- Mentor-Mentee Kick-off Meeting: Monday, October 7, 2019 at 9:00 am at the Island House
- Program runs 4 consecutive weeks (including the weeks of: 10/14, 10/21, 10/28, 11/4) to be scheduled directly with Mentor
- Final 9 hole Play followed by Lunch: week of November 11th
Is This Program for You?
Sign up if you are looking to gain more confidence on the course by learning pointers on golf etiquette, how to apply rules of golf in “real-time”, and tips on how to play faster without rushing your swing – all in a casual, relaxed setting. SILGA members who will mentor for this session include: Diane Eberhard, Tori Langen, and Cathy Martin.
Cost: None. There is no extra charge for the program. You will be charged your standard member rates when you play golf or order food/beverage items from Bohicket Lounge or Pelican’s Nest.
Deadline is Tuesday, September 10th
If you wish to participate, please click below and complete the application form. If you have questions, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call ((203) 981-7640) Nancy Pondelik, SILGA Mentoring Chair or SILGA Chairperson Sue Dostal ((203) 858-2405). Once we receive your application, we’ll be in touch to discuss your expectations and what you hope to get out of the program.